So I figured I'd share this with you all, some yarn I spun up for fun, while I was avoiding my homework!
This silk was sitting on my bobbin for a good while. And I didn't really want to keep going on it, so I chain plied it off, and I ended up with about 100 yards of lace weight.. O.o what was I thinking spinning that thin!?
This is the same silk, spun very differently. I tried to use the autowrap technique in Spin Art, by Jacey Boggs. It was really hard to let the thread wrap without help! I've sent this off to my Aunt, who's been wanting my handspun for a long time now! She doesn't know it's coming, it's a surprise :D
And I've also prepped all this BFL
There are two different lock structures there, So I've got them separated, because they may as well be in different yarns, Or I could blend them on my fancy new drum carder, but they are for homework, and BFL is hard to hand card. I'm just flicking them open and spinning from the lock.
Here's a close up of the lock structure
Much more crimp in the lock on the left. This will translate into a very springy yarn. I wasn't able to sort the fleece out by sections, it was a little mussed up when I got it, but I'd say the one on the left is from either the legs, haunch or neck, while the one on the right is probably a side or shoulder section....
Anyway, this is getting to be a huge post, so I'll leave it there for now. More later :D