Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Making progress.

Part of becoming a Master Spinner is homework.  And for a while there, I was avoiding it.  Just because I could.  I don't necessarily have to have it in any time soon, but I'd like to have it in before next years classes.  I was full of cocky confidence thinking it could be done in a matter of a few months, but the more I looked at it, the more it freaked me out, and it was to daunting to even start. So I started doing things I wanted to be doing.  Spinning for fun. Crocheting Miss J's blanky.  Solar dyeing scarves.  Fun things!

But then I started.  And while I've made a small dent in it, I've made a bigger dent in the pile of things I was doing for fun.  But I started and that's the point.   So far I've spun a few sample skeins for my wash exercise. (Not washed the way I bulk wash, washed the way the teach wants it done.  And she  might be right.... This way might be better..) A sample skein for my parts of the fleece exercise, and another part washed.  And what I worked on today.  Part of my breed study.  Poly pay fleece Carded into rolags and slivers. yay! Here's proof:
carded poly pay

It's a dent.  But I'm happy it's there, just like Mater (from Cars... like he says in Cars 2.... When Holly Shiftwell wants to fix it....  You mean you haven't seen it yet?  get to the theater!  it's great!)

~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!