Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Final project level 2 update.

So it occurs to me, that I never did say that I had finished the yarn for my final project!  I've even started to knit it, and honestly I'm a tiny few stitches away from finishing it.  Or frogging it.  I've been keeping notes on my project page on Ravelry, and the easiest way to tell you all what has been happening is this:


Notes
I will be using this years Iknitarod as my timeline and motivation to get this project done in a timely manner.
Go mushers go! March 2, 2013: cast on 216 stitches (202+14 for fringe), and worked up the first row. I’m working with just a small amount of yarn, so I don’t want to run out! However, I’m pretty short(5’2”) so I don’t think the scarf will be to short for me.
Also, I’m using size 9 needles, as my 8s have a catch in them. This will help the scarf be slightly longer/wider as well. Probably not by much, but does it really matter in the end?
March 3,2013- two more rows in. Still afraid of running out of yarn…
March ? 2013- came down with some illness. It put me out for far to many days. Back at it, tho, and I’ve done 2 more rows. Will stop for now, I started loosing track of where I was while knitting.
March 11 2013- knit up to and including round 7. I’m still really hoping I don’t run out of yarn.
March 12, 2013 - well… I knit row 1 and two again, as the pattern calls for… Got to the end of row 2 and I’ve messed it up somehow and can’t find it…. I hate frogging lace. One sorry sad stitch at a time. Tomorrow tho. Bed time now.
March 18, 2013 - soooooo the fear of frogging held me back 6 whole days. I did not finish with the mushers. Well behind them, actually. :(. I did frog tonight, found the error, and knit back to the end of row two. For fear of running out of yarn in 4 more rows, I will cast off. Now just to find my size 10.5 needles and do that. Tomorrow. Or the next day… Or the day after that…
March 19 - cast off the top. quick and easy. Picking up the stitches though? a nightmare. That’s still not done. Maybe it will be soon? It’s driving me up the wall. Next go, I’m using a crocheted provisional cast o n with a really thick yarn. It will be much easier to find what is supposed to be live stitches!
March 22 - I’ve spent 2 hours in each of the past two nights “picking up stitches” More like untying knots. This is obviously not the fault of the pattern but a poor choice in cast on methods. The cast on method I learned from a youtube video, and I’d not recommend it to anyone. ever. And i even put my very first youtube comment on a youtube video, stating my opinion. I’m to the point that I might consider frogging the whole thing, and starting over. Super sadness.

Ha.  There you go. My super laziness to not type that all out again in different words is winning right now. 
But I'm mad. and frustrated.  and exhausted.  This is the most evil scarf on the planet. or. well, not.  But I don't think it will be my final project anymore....

~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!