I did it! I made a pair of socks, and spun a whole fleece! And I did it all in less then two weeks. Booyah.
First, too many pictures of socks.
If you look closely enough, you can see an error where I picked up the provisional cast on wrong. This is the left sock. Named so, because there is also a ridge of purling where I accidentally knit a row I should have purled over the top of the toe. The bind off on this one is almost to tight. But it helps to hold it up, so it's okay.
The right sock. That little hole there is one of the two imperfections in this sock. The other being that the bind off is to loose, and therefore wonky and prone to slippage.
Top view! You can see the left sock's toe ridge.
Second, one whole Jacob yearling fleece worth of super bulky, Navajo plied yarn.
It's squishy, bulky, and quite a mess. It wasn't an exercise in perfection, but an exercise in creating. It's sheepy, and that's the point!